The Branding Muse is constantly looking for interns who want to have fun, own projects and gain lots of important skills in the areas of communications and marketing. We are a small team and interns are a very valued and integral part of our success. If you are interested in learning and growing with us, check out the positions below. If you think you can bring us something outside of these job descriptions, let us know.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people skills – ability to work cooperatively with others at all levels
- Ability to meet deadlines and attend weekly phone meetings
- Willing to be the face of Branding Muse on website and social media channels
- Excited to own projects and take control of their responsibilities
Interns will work virtually from September 2013 until May 2014 and be expected to contribute about 5 hours per week. We are very flexible.
While this is an unpaid opportunity, this internship program is designed to offer its participants hands-on experience, professional guidance and mentoring, as well as academic enrichment. Student participants will work, gain practical knowledge, and even lead in project planning and execution.
All Interns Receive: Resume and cover letter critiques and design, access to our brand development course, a letter of recommendation, LinkedIn Recommendation, and recognition on the Branding Muse website for their contributions.
Assist in developing and maintaining marketing and social media initiatives – includes drafting messages and project planning. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Draft copy for website and marketing materials
- Assist with management of content marketing strategy including social media and SEO
- Assist with the preparation of publicity documents and newsletter
- Submit two blog posts each month
- Support Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram strategy development and postings
- Manage multiple email accounts and customer inquiries
- Define and execute innovative brand strategies and campaigns to drive engagement and user acquisition
- Must be located in NYC and available to come into the office at least once a week
COLLEGE BRAND AMBASSADOR
Ambassadors will assist in the promotion of BM events and programs, including event planning, execution, and administration. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute one blog post per month
- Develop on-campus events
- Provide feedback to team on current products
- Brainstorm/generate ideas for new products and new marketing/PR/social media campaigns
- Earn money by selling merchandise on campus
- Conduct market research with your peers
- Wear our cool t-shirts, phone cases and other goodies